1. A short history of the life of Major John Bernardi, written by himself in Newgate, where he has been for near 33 years a prisoner of state, without any allowance from the government, and could never be admitted to his tryal. L., 1729.
2. An Act for the further preventing robbery, burglary, and other felonies, and for the more effectual transportation of felons, and unlawful exporters of wool; and for declaring the law upon some points relating to pirates. 1718. 4 Geo. I. C. 11.
3. Anon. Hanging Not Punishment Enough for Murtherers, High-Way Men and House-Breakers. L., 1701.
4. Anon. Solon Secundus: or some defects in the English Laws; with their proper remedies. By a hearty Lover of his Country. L., 1695.
5. Archer J. E. Social unrest and popular protest in England, 1780—1840. N. Y., 2000.
6. Balch-Lindsay V. S. An orderly metropolis: the evolution of criminal justice in London, 1750—1830. Thesis submitted to the faculty Texas Tech University in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of doctor of philosophy. 1998.
7. Beattie J. M. Crime and the Courts in England 1660—1800. Oxford, 1986.
8. Dawes W. The objections against the eternity of Hell-torments, answer’d. In a Sermon Preach'd Before King William, at Kensington, January, 1701. 2nd ed. Part VI. L., 1707.
9. Eden W. Principles of Penal Law. L., 1771.
10. Fielding H. An Enquiry Into the Causes of the Late Increase of Robbers etc. with Some Proposals for Remedying this Growing Evil. L., 1751.
11. Ignatieff M. A Just Measure of Pain: The Penitentiary in the Industrial Revolution 1750—1850. N. Y., 1978.
12. Krischer A. The Religious Discourse on Criminal Law in England, 1600—1800: From a Theology of Trial to a Theology of Punishment // Religion and Politics in Europe and the United States: Transnational Historical Approaches. Washington; Baltimore, 2012.
13. Madan M. Thoughts on executive justice with respect to our criminal laws, particularly on the circuits. L., 1785.
14. Mandeville B. An Enquiry into the Causes of the Frequent Executions at Tyburn (1725) // Free ebooks by Project Gutenberg [Ehlektronnyj resurs]. URL: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/37650/37650.txt (data obrascheniya: 01.07.2019)
15. Melossy D., Pavarini M. The Prison and the Factory: Origins of the Penitentiary System. L., 1981.
16. Milles T. The natural immortality of the soul asserted and proved from the Scriptures, and first fathers: in answer to Mr Dodwell's epistolary discourse, in which he endeavours to prove the soul to be a principle naturally mortal. Oxford, 1707.
17. Ollyffe G. An essay humbly offer'd, for an Act of Parliament to prevent capital crimes, and the loss of many lives; and to promote a desirable improvement and blessing in the nation. L., 1731.
18. Radzinowicz L. A history of English criminal law and its administration from 1750. Vol. 1. N. Y., 1948; Vol. 3. N. Y., 1957.
19. Stephen J. F. A General View of the Criminal Law of England. L.; Cambridge, 1863.
20. The Discoveries of John Poulter, alias Baxter. Written wholly by himself. The 7th ed., with additions. L., 1754.
21. Belousov R. S. Tajna Ippokreny. M., 1978. [Ehlektronnyj resurs]. URL: http://www.belousenko.com/books/litera/Belousov_Ippokrena.htm (data obrascheniya: 01.07.2019).
22. Vasil'eva S. A. «Vechnoe nakazanie» kak regulyator protivopravnogo povedeniya anglichan v rannee novoe vremya // Vestnik Vladikavkazskogo nauchnogo tsentra. T. 19. 2019. №. 1. S. 42—46.
23. Vasilieva S. “Crime s a Social Disease” as the Concept of a Penal Reform Discourse in the 18th Century // ISTORIYA. 2019. Issue 4 (78). URL: https://history.jes.su/s207987840005145-8-1/ DOI: 10.18254/S207987840005145-8
24. Kestler A., Kamyu A. Razmyshleniya o smertnoj kazni. M., 2003.
25. Kross R. Pretsedent v anglijskom prave / pod red. F. M. Reshetnikova; per. Aparova T. V. M., 1985.
26. Rulan N. Istoricheskoe vvedenie v pravo: ucheb. posobie dlya vuzov. M., 2005.
27. Trevel'yan Dzh. M. Sotsial'naya istoriya Anglii ot Chosera do korolevy Viktorii. Smolensk, 2002.
28. Filippov M. A. Istoriya i sovremennoe sostoyanie karatel'nykh uchrezhdenij za granitseyu i v Rossii. SPb., 1873.
29. Fojnitskij I. Ya. Uchenie o nakazanii v svyazi s tyur'movedeniem. SPb., 1889.
30. Fuko M. Nadzirat' i nakazyvat'. Rozhdenie tyur'my. M., 1999.